Are you unable to receive emails in Outlook? Then, it might be because of the faulty internet connection. If there is poor internet connectivity, you will note that Outlook not receiving emails.
Besides, if the Outlook profile is corrupt there will be an issue in receiving new emails. Moreover, if the inbox of the Outlook gets filled with unread messages, then the new message will fail to enter the Outlook inbox.
But whatever be the reason behind not getting any emails in Outlook, you should fix this issue at the earliest. And to do that, you need to learn proficient hacks to eliminate the problem at once.
Not receiving emails in Outlook: 5 Probable Methods to Resolve
In this section, we are mentioning the probable solutions to fix the issues from Outlook so that you can receive new emails in Outlook.
Method 1: Check if Outlook is Offline
If the Outlook is in Offline mode, you won’t be able to get a new email. In that case, you need to first check if the device is connected through a stable internet connection.
Check if the Outlook application is working properly. To check that, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Outlook tab and then move to the lower-right corner.
- Now, check if it is showing a “Disconnected, Working Offline or Trying to Connect” message.
Note: If you are getting the above message, then the email server has failed to build a connection with the internet.
- Next, go to the “Send/ Receive” tab and tap on the “Work Offline” option from the preferences group.
- You will be now prompted with the “Connected to server” message on the screen.
- Next, tap on the “Send/Receive All Folders” option from the Send & Receive group.
Now, check if you are getting any new mail? If not, then you need to move to the next section to fix the issue.
Method 2: Create a New Profile
If the version of the Outlook profile is corrupted, you won’t get any new email. In that case, you need to create a new profile to avoid such issues. And to do that, you need to implement the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Outlook and from there, go to the “File” section.
- Now, move to the “Account settings” section. And then select the “Manage Profiles” section. Tap on the “Show Profiles” option and go to the “Add” tab.
- Now, write a new name for the Outlook Profile going to the “Profile Name” section.
- Next, follow the onscreen instructions to set up the email account in the new profile. Re-open the Outlook Profile and go to the File section.
- Move to the “Account Settings” section and then select the “Change Profile” option from there. Tap on the “OK” button next to close the Outlook Window.
- Re-open the Microsoft Outlook again and then select the new profile name from the “Profile Name” list.
- Tap on the “OK” button last.
Now, after replacing the corrupted profile with a new one, you will be able to get new mails in the Outlook. But if you are still facing issues, it is suggested to move to the next section.
Method 3: Clear the Inbox
If the Outlook’s inbox is filling up with emails, then you won’t be able to get any new mail in the future. In that case, you need to clear the inbox. And to clear the inbox, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Outlook and from there, go to the “Junk mail” section.
- Right-click on the Junk Mail option. From the drop-down menu, choose the “Empty” option.
By just doing this, you will be able to clear the inbox. Now, open Outlook and check if new mails are getting into the Account. If you are still unable to get any mails, then you need to move to the next section.
Method 4: Check the Email Rules
If unknowingly you have changed the rules/settings of Outlook Inbox, then all the emails will be shifted from the inbox or even the mails can get deleted automatically.
So, if this is the case, then you need to check the email rules in Outlook. To change the email rules, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Outlook and from there, go to the “Settings” and click on it. Choose the “View Full Settings” option from the “Settings”.
- Now, go to the Mail section and select the “Rules” option from there. Search for the rules that are restricting you to get the new mails.
- Choose a rule and tap on the “Edit” option to change it.
- Tap on the “Save” option next to save the current changes. You can also delete the existing rule to tap on the “Delete” button.
After changing the rules of Outlook, you will be able to get new mails. If even after changing the rules the issue persists, then you can move to the next section.
Method 5: Check Forwarding settings
For enabling the Forwarding Settings option this error can occur. In that case, you need to disable the Forwarding Settings option to receive mail in Outlook.
To check the Forwarding Settings, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open Outlook and from there, go to the “Settings” option.
- Now, choose the “View All Outlook Settings” option.
- Tap on the “Mail” option and then select the “Forwarding” option.
- Now, click on the “Stop Forwarding” option and tap on the “Save” button to save the recent changes.
If you are still using the older version of Outlook, then you need to first go to the Settings section and choose “Options”. Next, move to the Forwarding option and then click on the “Stop forwarding”.
Tap on the “Save” button now to change the forwarding settings in the older version of Outlook. Now, open the Outlook and you will be able to receive a new mail once again. You can also check the ‘Focused’ or “Other” tab.