With Gmail, a user needs to choose between IMAP and POP access mode. According to Gmail help experts, while POP is able to download new messages directly to the Outlook Express, IMAP on the other hand offers faultless access to all of the archived mail as well as labels. At the time of creating a Gmail account, a user needs to have huge amount of online storage on Google servers to keep all their emails in safe side. According to the Gmail Technical Support research team, there are many ways where accessing Gmail accounts with How to Access Gmail with Outlook Express via IMAP. One can even write their messages as well as replies by making use of all other power Features of Outlook Express such as “using stationery to beautify your notes while copies of the mail are automatically archived online in Gmail’s Sent Mail folder while you send it.
Steps to access Gmail with Outlook Express using IMAP
- Make sure that IMAP access is properly enabled in the Gmail account.
- Selection of the Tools | Accounts from the menu in Outlook Express is an essential step.
- Click on the Add option.
- Choose the “Mail” option
- Enter your name which should be mentioned just under the Display name
· Click on the ‘Next” option as suggested by a team of Gmail help professionals.
- Enter the Gmail address just under the E-mail address:
- Click on the “Next > again” option.
- Make sure that the IMAP is well selected under the icon named as “My incoming mail server is a __ server”.
- Type the “imap.gmail.com” URL in the Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server: field.
- Next, simply enter “smtp.gmail.com” URL just under the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server option
- Click on the “Next >” option.
- Type your full Gmail address just under the Account name such as (“[email protected]”, for example).
- Enter the Gmail password directly in the Password:
- Click on the “Next > again” icon to move ahead.
- Click on the “Finish” button.
- Highlight all the gmail.com simply in the Internet Accounts window but be careful while doing it.
- Tap on the “Properties” icon.
- Go to the “Servers” tab thereafter
- Make sure that the “My server requires authentication is checked under Outgoing Mail Server” accurately.
- Next, just go to the “Advanced” tab section.
- Make sure that This server requires a secure connection (SSL) is checked properly under both Outgoing mail (SMTP): as well as Incoming mail (IMAP):
- Type the number “465” just under the Outgoing server (SMTP):.
- If you see that the number under Incoming server (IMAP): has not yet been changed to the number “993” automatically, then a user is requested to enter “993” there.
- Click on the ‘OK” button
- Click on the ‘Close in the Internet Accounts”
- Now, you are required to simply select “Yes” to download the list of Gmail folders to Outlook Express.
- Click on the “OK” icon
If your problems are not solved yet then fix them with our Gmail customer support professionals
Our group of technicians working at Outlook Customer Support Number section resolves each and every issue of users related to Gmail without even affecting their mail account as well other functionalities related to it. We are engulfed with special Gmail support team to easily identify wide number of Gmail technical snags. So, users facing serious issues with any kind of Gmail features are highly encouraged to come and explore our services at our toll-free number available 24 hours a day.