While working, in the middle of something important, users may suddenly come across the following error while “Sending/Receiving Progress of an E-mail” in Outlook 2013 which says a sending reported error (0x8004010F) message as ‘Fix Outlook Data File Cannot be Accessed.’” The error falls in the category of the critical section as discovered by Outlook Helpline Number experts as well it may also occur if the Outlook profile is corrupted. The Outlook error can be encountered by users while transferring the Outlook .PST file to another location on the disk or to another computer. But our professional experts have found a solution to it which is exceptionally useful to apply.
Steps to troubleshoot the error “Outlook data file cannot be accessed” error
Step1: Account Settings
- Open the Outlook and go to the “Account Settings”.
Step2: “E-mail” tab
- In the Outlook, go to the “E-mail” tab option and then highlight the account with the problem. Next simply click on the “Change Folder”.
Step3: New Outlook Data File
- Click on the “New Outlook Data File” option next.
Step4: “TEST” process
- Save the information name for the new data file by naming it as “TEST” word as suggested by ateam of Outlook Tech Support experts and then press “OK”.
- Expansion is necessary for the new data file which was named as “TEST” and then select the “Inbox” subfolder.
- Choose the “OK” option next
Step5: Change Folder
- While working at the “Account Settings” screen you need to click on the “Change Folder” again.
- Now simply select the your choice of time select by tapping on the correct data file as well as folder s so that you can store e-mail messages and then choose the “OK” button.
- Now at last, just close the “Account Settings” and click on the “Send/Receive” option.
- You ‘re absolutely done here!
Well, as of now, your Outlook error issue has been resolved. But we still recommend you to get in touch with our professionals at our Outlook customer Support department to resolve your issues promptly.