This Outlook error code appears when users are sending an email from Outlook for Mac 2011 and as a result the server authentication issue arises. if users are sending or receiving emails before using the same authentication details, the error code may be associated with the outlook database (*.olm) file. Other reasons may be corrupted file issue. Below are steps to Fix Outlook Error Code 17897 on Mac 2011. Follow below instruction now.
Steps to Fix Outlook Error Code 17897 on Mac 2011
Step 1: Verifying your Account Settings
- If users have recently configured the Outlook email on Mac, then configuration settings should be correct. But, if the authentication details are accurate and the error is occurring then, proceed with next steps.
Step 2: Reset your authentication mode
- Users are advised to follow below steps to toggle off and on the server authentication:
- Open the Outlook email on Mac 2011 and then, tap the “Tools” icon to choose the “Accounts” menu.
- Click on the email account as well as on the “More Options” button which will be found right below the “Outgoing Server” icon. If the Authentication is set to “None” mode then, tap the drop-down list and then, select the “Use Incoming Server Info” option. Click the “OK” icon now.
- You can also try an alternate option where users can tap the drop-down list if the Authentication is set to “Use Incoming Server Info” mode. Tap the “OK” button. It is suggested for users to specify their username and password for Outgoing mail server if the Incoming server is different. Tap the ‘OK’ button
Step 3: Change the “SMTP Port’ now
- Open the “MS Outlook” to perform all below guidelines:
- Click the “Tools” menu and then, choose the “Accounts” icon. Choose the account type and then, click the “check-box Override default port” which is located just below the Outgoing server. Type the accurate port number and then, perform a check on the “check-box Use SSL to connect’. Exit from the window. At last, simply re-launch the Outlook to send a test mail for the existence of this error code.
Get in touch with our technicians at Outlook Mail Support Number
Call us at Outlook Customer Care Support Phone Number to have immediate solutions for Outlook email issues. We are available for users 24*7 hours to bring them world-class and the latest industry touch solution for every Outlook email issue. Our technical team possesses deep skills and certification in resolving the complex to complex kinds of issue and solve them from the core. So, call us now and get your queries solved.