In recent ages, Outlook is used by a huge number of users for emailing purposes. But there are times while Outlook search not working. Due to the wrong indexing of Outlook, users face the same problem with their Outlook account. When users open Outlook Search, either the application gets stopped or stops responding.
There can be numerous reasons for why users can face this same problem with their Outlook account. Once the users get this problem, they stop receiving any search results and notice that some search results are missing from their account.
Unfortunately, if you are also getting the same problem then this article can help you to fix the problem on your own.
What Causes Outlook 365 Search Not Working?
There are multiple causes that are responsible for not working the Outlook Search. Some of them are stated below. Once you are able to know the root causes solving becomes easier for you.
- If you have not indexed your Outlook account correctly then there is a chance of getting the same problem.
- Due to the OST or PST problems, the Outlook Search may stop working and leave you puzzled.
- When you did not update the Office programs for many days then this might create the same problem.
- If the sleep-time is not set properly then also you may find the Outlook Search stop working.
What To Do When Microsoft Outlook Search Not Working? Stepwise Instructions
Once you get familiar with the causes, it’s time to implement the steps one by one and check which one is suitable for you the most.
Solution 1: Start a Quick Fix
The very first thing you have to do is to navigate to the Search icon and click on it. After that, type Control Panel in the box and press down the Enter button. Now, open the Control Panel and then move to the Programs option. Click on Programs and select Programs and Features option from here.
After that, tap on the Office Client option that is located at the top section of the screen. Now, select the Change icon and move to click on the “Quick Repair” option. Keep waiting for a few moments while the process is going on. At the final step, try to open the Outlook search and check if it starts working or not.
Solution 2: Modify the Sleep-Time
If you have saved too many emails on your Outlook Client then you have to set the correct timing for re-indexing operation. While archiving is going on, the re-index process will be started. Hence you have to change the sleep time and then check if the problem is still showing up or not.
First of all, you have to navigate to the Outlook’s File option and then tap on the Account Settings tab. After that, navigate to the Account Settings by clicking on the drop-down menu. Now, you have to select an email account by double-clicking on it and move to tap on More Settings.
Now, tap on the Advanced tab that you can find in the Settings window and move to the Server Timeouts section. Here, you have to drag the slider from left to right. It will help you to increase sleep time.
After doing this navigate to the OK icon and click on it. If you do not change any other settings then click on Cancel. Close Outlook from your device and check if the same problem still appears or not.
Solution 3: Upgrade Office Programs
In recent ages, Microsoft has released an update that may cause the Outlook search not working problem. For this reason, we recommend you to update Outlook Client by following the steps stated here.
- At first, navigate to the File and then access the Office Account from here.
- After that, find the Updates icon and then click on it.
- Then, tap on the Update Now option and install all the updates that are available for you.
- Once the update process gets over, you have to rebuild index settings.
- Close Outlook program from your device and then navigate to the Control Panel.
- After that, click on the Search field of Control Panel and write down Indexing in the box.
- Then, click on the Indexing option from the list and move to the Advanced icon.
- Tap on Advanced and switch to index Settings tab as well.
- At last, choose the Rebuild icon and check if the problem is still showing up or not.
Solution 4: Recreate MS Outlook Search Index
The first and foremost thing you have to do is to open Outlook and tap on the File menu. After that, find the options section and click on it. Now, tap on the Search icon. After that, move to the Indexing icon and select the Advanced icon by clicking on it.
Then, it’s time to switch to the Index Settings tab. Now, navigate to the Troubleshooting icon and tap on Rebuild from the section. Keep waiting while the rebuilding process is going on. At the final step, restart your device and Outlook to check the status of the error.
Solution 5: Repair the OST and PST Corruption
Are you still encountering the same problem? Then try to repair the OST and PSt files and check if the problem gets fixed or not. To do so, at first, click on the Start option and click on the Search tab.
Here, write down Properties and press down the Enter button. Choose Properties tab from here and let the dialog box appear on the display. Choose the “Clear Offline Items” that you find under the dialog box.
Then, tap on OK and proceed with the next step. Now, click on the Send or Receive button and move to select the Update Folder option from the present window. It will save the changes you just have done.
Solution 6: Build a New Window Profile
Have you executed all the above procedures? But still, getting the same problem? Try to create a new Windows account and check if this solution is helpful or not.
- The very first thing you have to do is to press down the Windows and I button at the same time on your keyboard.
- After that, find the Account Entry option and click on it.
- Then, choose the Other People icon and tap on the “Add someone else to this PC” option from the left of the screen.
- Now, look at the bottom of the page and select the “I don’t have this person’s sign-in info” by clicking on it.
- Stay on the same page and again choose “Add a user without a Microsoft account”.
- Here, you have to create a new username and a unique password that is difficult to hack.
- Once done, click on Complete and give an administrator rights to the account you just have created.
Solution 7: Verify the Mailbox
If none of the above methods are not reliable for you to fix Microsoft Outlook search not working then you need to check if the mailbox is indexed properly or not. To do so, at the initial step, you have to open Outlook from your device.
After that, navigate to the File option and click on it. Then, move to select Options and click on the Search icon that is located at the left panel of the tab.
Now, look at the right side of the screen and choose “Indexing” from here. After that, change the Outlook search options and tap on Modify. From this window, you can index MS Outlook completely.
Hopefully, the above seven solutions are enough for you to solve Outlook 365 search not working. But in case if you find any problem or any difficulties while executing the steps, then contact experts and take more advance guidance from them.
Related Post:- How to Recover Deleted Emails Outlook?
Outlook Customer Support Number +1-855-465-0984 Is Available 24×7
If all the solutions fail to resolve outlook 365 search not working error, then you may need the help of an expert. You can avail Outlook Support for further guidance. We are always here to help you. Our technicians can give you further suggestions as well as they can fix the error manually. To avail the Outlook customer support, dial Outlook Support Number and register your complaint. We offer time-bound services at an affordable rate. We will take the necessary steps as soon as possible to fix the issue. Furthermore, you can clear your doubts instantly through our live chat support.