The 0x800ccc0d error usually occurs while users are trying to send / receive email messages in Microsoft Outlook. This error arises when Outlook is incapable of determining whether your PC is connected to the Internet or if there is any program which is blocking the Outlook’s access to the internet. Further, according to Outlook Technical Support Number experts, this is a type of error occurring in any version of outlook and the error code is totally universal for all the versions, whether it is Windows XP or 2010.
Causes of 0x800ccc0d Error
- It will be difficult for users to establish the connection because the target machine has actively refused it.
- The server can’t found the account name, POP server, Error Number: 0x800ccc0d
Steps to fix the Outlook 0x800ccc0d error
Step 1 – Verification of the process that you are well connected to the internet
- Start the favorite Internet browser like Firefox
- Type in the address as http://www.google.com
- If a user has successfully able to get access to Google, then it is advised to users to send a test email to themselves just to see whether you have received an error message
Step 2 – Check for the Account Login Details
- Click on the ‘Start > Run’ button
- In the “open” box section, you are required to type the “Control Panel“
- If a user is in Classic view, then double click on the “Mail”.
- If it is that you are in the “Category view” section, then click on the ‘switch to classic view” and then double click on the “mail’ option
- In the Mail setup dialog box, click on the “Show profiles“ icon
- On the general icon section, under the “When starting Microsoft Office Outlook“ option, click on the “Prompt for a profile to be used’ option, and then click “Add” option.
- In the “Profile Name“, just type the name which you want to have for the particular account and click on the “OK” menu
- In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, tap on the “Add a new e-mail account” icon, and then click the “Next” option.
- Click on the appropriate server type for the new e-mail account, and then tap on the “Next” option.
- Type the account information in the required boxes, and then click on the “Next” button.
- Click on the “Finish” button, and then click “OK”.
Step 3 – Ensure the Firewall Is Not Blocking the Connection
- Have a watch in the notification area of the
- Right click on that logo and search for an “exception list”
- Add the Outlook to this exception list
Step 4 – Cleaning out of the Registry
The ‘registry’ is the main cause of the 0x800ccc0d error, and is continuously making the PC in a slow mode with critical errors as a consequence. It’s recommended to users to use the ‘registry cleaner’ program to scan through the PC and repair all the errors that may be causing a problem.
For more issues, get in touch with our Outlook Customer Support Service section and get your entire Outlook technical glitches resolved at a go. We are all time ready for users to help them in their difficult times.