The Outlook Unknown Error 0x80040600 occurs when you are trying to read, send, receive, or delete an email message, in the Microsoft Outlook. There can be many causes of this occurring this Error 0x80040600, including corrupted Outlook Data File (*.pst), Hidden files & folders, and registry errors, etc. So, when an unknown error 0x80040600 happens in your Outlook account, then you need to immediately close the Outlook application and solve it. Then don’t worry about it, you can easily Fix Outlook Unknown Error 0x80040600, just by following the troubleshooting steps which are given below.
Steps to Fix Outlook Unknown Error 0x80040600
Here are the steps will guide you how you can solve 0x80040600 error code in Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013.
Step 1:- Close Outlook
First, you should require to quickly closing the outlook application and any other programs on your system, which may be accessed Outlook in the background such as Skype for Business.
Step 2: Find the Default .Pst file
You have to locate the default *.pst file which is using the Outlook profile
- Then go to “Control Panel” and then open the “Mail” item.
- Hit on “Show Profiles” and then choose the “Outlook profile” that experiences the problem, and then tap on “Properties”.
- Tap on “Data files”.
- Then make a note of the location of the default *.pst file. Make sure that the name of the default *.pst file contains a black circle with a check mark.
Step 3: Run the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool (SCANPST.exe) to Repair the *.pst file
- After then you have to run the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool (SCANPST.exe) to repair the *.pst
- Then exit from Outlook.
- Now open the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool (SCANPST.exe).
- Next, in the “Enter the name of the file you want to scan” box, you have to type the location of the *.pst file.
- Then go to “Start” button.
Related Blog- How To Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a ?
Now check the error is resolved, if not, then go to next step.
Step 4:- Delete the OST file
- You should browse to the location of the OST file for your profile. Commonly on a Windows 8 machine, it is most commonly located at C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- Then the outlook-Profile-Location.
- Right click on the OST file and delete.
Step 5:- Open Outlook
After the above steps, you can open up Outlook again and the OST file will automatically be recreated and Outlook will be synced with the server again.
I hope your problem is resolved by applying all the steps.
If you are still facing Outlook Unknown Error 0x80040600, then you should do instant connect with the proficient technicians for getting online help.
Contact at Outlook Helpline Number +1-855-465-0984 Now to Get Urgent Help:-
Dial Outlook Helpline Number +1-855-465-0984 now, which is available 24×7 days for your help. Through this toll-free number, you will connect with the talented and certified team of technicians, who can get you the comprehensive solution to this error. Also, you will get outstanding and accurate solutions to other Outlook errors/issues in a short span of time. Hence, contact now to rapidly reliable technical support.